Money help - caring for my grandson on a pension — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Money help - caring for my grandson on a pension

rayjam Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi my grandson is 16 next month his mother is a paranoid schizophrenic and he has been with me 6 years. I am terrified that we might lose his money as he needs to go to lots of clubs and outings and as I’m living on a state pension I couldn’t afford to keep him. I am terrified that he will blow his interview as he can go either very highbrow or go into meltdown. I would need the interview in my home as he likes talking about himself and gets very high faluating ideas of him being a super star and also sounds very plausible.   Help please to manage the forms and how to get our case across.



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.