Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Phone call from the job centre
Hello I would like some advice please,I have posted about my decision been made to put me in the WRAG,I am currently writing my letter for reconsedaration,my local job centre called me today and said they will wait to hear about the decision before asking me to come in,I explained I am housebound,they said that they should be able to appointments on the phone but eventually they want me to go in (or so it sounds) he said they want to help under my circumstances but don't want to warp me in cotton wool,they would offer me a private room and so on,I have said it won't matter I have agoraphobia,I guess I want to know if they will force me,also how often do they expect to see/speak to you?
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.