Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Phone call from the job centre

rachel1988rachel1988 Member Posts: 14 Listener
Hello I would like some advice please,I have posted about my decision been made to put me in the WRAG,I am currently writing my letter for reconsedaration,my local job centre called me today and said they will wait to hear about the decision before asking me to come in,I explained I am housebound,they said that they should be able to appointments on the phone but eventually they want me to go in (or so it sounds) he said they want to help under my circumstances but don't want to warp me in cotton wool,they would offer me a private room and so on,I have said it won't matter I have agoraphobia,I guess I want to know if they will force me,also how often do they expect to see/speak to you?

Replies

• Lasian_ScopeLasian_Scope Member Posts: 660 Pioneering
    Hi @rachel1988

I can imagine this situation is probably very stressful for you. 

Are you getting any support with this process? Your local Citizen's Advice might be able to provide some help.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,351 Disability Gamechanger
    Depends on whether you have an impairment that's lasted more than 12 months. You would then be a disabled person under EA 10 and would be able to request a reasonable adjustment if it were appropriate. 

Always worth remembering that housebound to many means "largely housebound". If you can get out for medical appointments then you're probably on thin ice for the most part. 

How often will depend on your adviser. Where is something which can be addressed when they invite you in. At that point, depending on the answers to the above, you could do a letter before action to get them to back off and cancel until your situation is sorted. Have you sought face to face about whether you will in fact be able to get into the Support Group?
  • rachel1988rachel1988 Member Posts: 14 Listener
    To be honest I have had my issue nearly 10 years,I do not go out at all
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,351 Disability Gamechanger
    Right then you need to do a letter before action at the point they do an invite. They will cancel the appomtment on request if you do that. Google it abc you’ll find plenty of high quality templates.
Sign in or join us to comment.