What medical evidence do I need? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What medical evidence do I need?

Options
sam47
sam47 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have just received my pip form but im not sure what medical evidence i need to ask my gp for, do i ask for a print out for last few mths or letters and scans from my consultants etc

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @sam47, as you have been visiting hospitals for consultations and treatment you will have had letters and reports sent to you from the relevant departments at the hospital giving details of your illness, conditions and what treatments or investigations that where planed. These are the evidence that you send copies off with your PIP application form, your GP , Consultant will be contacted by DWP if more infusion needed. Appointment letters are not required, only reports and information pertaining to your current illnesses and conditions that are up to date and relevant and will support your claim, send in papers, reports even if you think they may not be of intrest to DWP. Lastly try a self test on the benefits and work site this will give you a good Indecation if you will win a award. ps be honest with your self when doing self test as you will have to justify your written answers that you wrote in the application form. Good luck

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.