Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
ESA reductions & Pip asessment
Hi all, just joined this group.... I have been on ESA & PIP for about 8 years now... Started with a heart attack & a blockage in my groin.... To date I have had 4 heart attacks... Single bypass, 4 stents, 3 diamond vortex coils, heart disease, artery disease, micro vascular disease, COPD & arthritis . Also have been diagnosed with personality disorder & other mental health issues ( exacerbated by DWP). Had to fight every decision DWP has made concerning ESA & PIP. 5 appeals won... And now on a mandatory reconsideration for Pip. ESA has just taken away my severe disability payment losing me over £60.00 a week.. Is this payment PIP related or has a decision been made to take it from me.. I have received no notice? I also believe that my Pip asessment was illegal as I asked for an assessor trained in mental health well in advance ... Was denied & interview was terminated.. Again they called me in & I was denied a mental health assessor..... Surely this is against section 6 of the human rights act.. Right to a fair trial... Its a trial of my capabilities.. A trial all the same... Frustrated at going round in circles with these people, in & out of appeal courts every year for the last 6-7 years.....
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 761 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.