Dysmotility please help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dysmotility please help

Options
Blossom223
Blossom223 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hello,

I have hEDS, and M.E. I know both of these conditions can cause dysmotilitiy. And that hEDS, can even cause paralysis of GI organs. 

For months I haven’t been able to eat more than tiny snacks a day because of sickness, bloating, fullness, and pain. I also haven’t been able to go to the toilet for 2-3 weeks at a time, and even then it is a small amount brought upon by laxatives. For the past month or so it has gotten extremely unbearable and I am barely eating or drinking anything. I have lost almost a stone in this time. I am constantly impacted and doctors will not do anything but give me Movicol which is something I know does not work for me. I am not being offered any other treatment. 111 told me to go to A&E straight away last week because the pain was so severe, and A&E wouldn’t do anything because in their words i “wasn’t about to die”. I have tried to get help from my GP, and GI too and neither will help. Please help me I am desperate. I have tried everything. The underlying cause of these issues isn’t being looked at, I have searched none stop for days to try and find someone who will help me and I can’t. I have no one to get treatment from. The only time they will help is if I get malnourished, severely dehydrated or if I get a bowel obstruction. I shouldn’t have to wait until I’m very ill to get help.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.