Advice regarding Tribunal decision — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Advice regarding Tribunal decision

djb1908 Member Posts: 1 Listener
My Son has recently been awarded Standard rate of care for PIP after a tribunal.
He was not granted the mobility component even though we clearly gave evidence that he does not leave the house alone and needs someone with him at all times.
The decision gave 4 points for "prompting to be able to undertake a journey"; this is clearly the wrong decision. 
Should I appeal to the upper tribunal and, if i do, does this stop any payments until a decsision is made?
Any help is appreciated.



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.