UNIVERSITY OF BATH RESEARCH: FRIENDSHIPS AND EMOTIONAL WELLBEING
-Aged 11-16 years
-Children with an Autism Spectrum Diagnosis
AIM: To investigate the connection between the friendships of children diagnosed with ASD and their emotional wellbeing within a mainstream school environment.
WHY THIS RESEARCH?
As persistent impairments in social interaction and communication are central to a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), many children with ASD experience difficulties in developing friendships and relationships with their peer group. This may place them at a higher risk of social isolation and loneliness which may ultimately lead to the development of mental health problems.
Therefore, the impact of friendships is of significant concern to the success of a child’s education.
Your participation will be crucial to help further this research.
WHO TAKES PART?
Children aged 12-16 years WITH (and WITHOUT) an ASD diagnosis and their parents.
This research project has been approved by the University of Bath Ethics Committee. Information provided will be kept anonymous and confidential. At no point will the children’s full names or identity be disclosed.
HOW TO TAKE PART?
The children and their parents will be asked to complete an online questionnaire. The study will then compare child and parent perspectives.
These questionnaires should take no more than 10 minutes to complete.
Parent Questionnaire Link
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 687 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments