Home visit support — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Home visit support

euphoria75 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I would like some advice please .I have got a home visit on the 10th of July for a pip assessment ,the woman who was going to attend with me and support me is unable to do so , I suffer from bad anxiety, depression and mobility issues . Is the anybody who could support me and attend the assessment?  I have asked about and can't find anyone. I would be grateful for some advice .


  • steve51
    steve51 Member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @euphoria75

    Good Evening & Welcome.

    I’m so sorry to hear about the lady who was going to assist you with your pip assessment.

    In the first instance do you have a local “CAB” they can be very very helpful in this situation????

    We have also got a “helpline” ourselves: 

    0808-800-3333 (Mon-Fri)

    Please please let me know if I can help/support you further????

  • euphoria75
    euphoria75 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you for your help. 
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Member Posts: 495 Pioneering
    Hi were u told you had too have someone there with you at home assessment. I was told that I do cab won't be able too sit with you from what I was told .I was frantically trying too think of someone also .in the end my son's took day of college .or ud be in same boat as you 
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Member Posts: 826 Pioneering

    Is there a local advocacy service near you? They are very good in situations like yours.
    Keep us informed.

    Best wishes


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.