Hi, my name is kirsty333! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is kirsty333!

Options
kirsty333
kirsty333 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
I had 2 x strokes when I was 19 years old due to the contraceptive pill I was on. I was left paralysed down my right side and had to learn to walk and talk again. I was left with cognitive and memory problems combined with mental health problems of OCD, depression & anxiety.
I went on, with the help of my mother to live my life and actually gave up my DLA.
Years later after 3 suicide attempts and my mother's passing in 2012, I reapplied for DLA and got turned down, I ended up going to tribunal and got awarded it at the enhanced rate for mobility and care, which also was very traumatic for me. That was in November 2013. In 2015 it changed over to pip and I kept my award. But now my award has run it's course I have had my assessment from Crapita & only was awarded 2 points. They stopped my pip immediately and straight after my esa was reduced also, taking a total of £879 a month off me!
I am in the process of my MR and am dreading it as I fully expect it to go to tribunal again. Not helped by the lack of support from my existing family who's answer to me is; get a job! My sister told me I am capable! She told me that they (dwp) will spy on me and see that I do go out.
I am in the process of being assessed for epilepsy as I already have myoclonic jerking left over from my strokes and I suffered a seizure a month ago (my sister's response again to that was, plenty of people work with epilepsy).
I am at my wits end with the whole thing and am at the verge of giving up! I have been thinking of suicide more and more lately.
The capita report was very derogatory towards me and my issues and skipped around the truth.
Any moral support and or help and advice would be gladly appreciated.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @kirsty333   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing. I would like to say sorry what is happening. My advice is your not alone. Many members of our community have and are going through all of this.

Including myself.  The numerous times have been through this. On and off constantly for twenty plus years reassessed .  Also just in my experience have had similar issues and problems to you. Mentally and I do know it is a constant struggle to get through.

The community have a wealth of experience and knowledge about the benefit system and the pit falls and the trials and tribulations.

You will no doubt have a look at our benefit advice and you will see the stories of others who like yourself. Probably some will get in touch to offer support.

I apologise for saying this but you sister is scaring you and the insensitive comments and remarks do not help.  Always say to some one like your sister. Walk a mile in my shoes.

None of us want to be ill or disabled. Any body can end up ill or sick or disabled. So many of our community will say the same to you.  Read the stories if you wish on the forum. If that helps.

Especially recently with many people I have met on this forum. Who are my friends and I hope offer. Just care, concern and kindness.  Plenty of warmth and support.

So please anytime feeling down and low always come on here. Plenty of new friends.  Ready to listen.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • kirsty333
    kirsty333 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    Hi thespiceman! 
    Thanks so much for getting back to me over my introduction letter!
    I was beginning to think that nobody would!
    My sister is being hard of me for my own good (her words).
    I am feeling like giving up on my pip MR! My sister says that I won't get anymore then the 2 points I have got! She told me I need to get in to volunteering then back in to a part time job! I just don't think I can cope with that pressure!
    Your encouraging message put the first smile on my face in a while, so thank you for that!
    Kirsty ?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.