Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Access to social worker
I have been refused access to a social worker on the grounds that my issue is not a safeguarding one. I was told originally told by Penderels Trust that as my care was cancelled suddenly by a care company who I complained to about missing hours and was mistreated by it would be treated as a safeguarding issue. Also we were given incorrect information from 2 ladies from the council about the services the trust could provide. We have had pa’s in for the last month but the council are withholding our funds saying that a dbs check is mandatory before we can pay the pa’s, we have told them they work for care agencies and have already had a dbs, we are willing to do this and have started steps but information on how to proceed is being withheld until they have the dbs. I have been told conflicting information and need some advice about getting help from someone who knows what Is happening.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.