Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Access to social worker

jas62jas62 Member Posts: 3 Listener
I have been refused access to a social worker on the grounds that my issue is not a safeguarding one. I was told originally told by Penderels Trust that as my care was cancelled suddenly by a care company who I complained to about missing hours and was mistreated by it would be treated as a safeguarding issue. Also we were given incorrect information from 2 ladies from the council about the services the trust could provide. We have had pa’s in for the last month but the council are withholding our funds saying that a dbs check is mandatory before we can pay the pa’s, we have told them they work for care agencies and have already had a dbs, we are willing to do this and have started steps but information on how to proceed is being withheld until they have the dbs. I have been told conflicting information and need some advice about getting help from someone who knows what Is happening.

Replies

Sign in or join us to comment.