Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Feeling of value?
I am finding recently with not being able to work or get out much, I am finding it hard to feel of purpose and of value in life. I know my friends (the few that have stuck about) find me helpful. The work I was doing was physical and I am afraid to do much of anything right now until it is sorted. How do you feel of value when you're someone with a limited capacity to contribute to the world? I have thought perhaps exisiting is enough, if you can make someone else smile or their day better that's all that matters. How does everyone cope with feeling like they have a reason to be here despite obvious difficulties?
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.