Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is ktsmileyqueen!
I have got multiple complex illnesses and disabilities which some of them overlaps. I have got: Familial Hemiplegic Migraine Hypothyroidism Fibromyalgia Osteoarthritis in back/hips/right leg Sciatica caused by recurrent prolapsed discs in lower back Irritable Bowel Syndrome Asthma Restless Leg Syndrome Social phobia Anxiety/Stress/Depression Learning Difficulties Curvature of spine due by having a Slipped Femoral Epiphysis and lost 3 inches of my right leg when I was 12. I didn’t want a raised boot as I was already bullied at school. The shortening of my right leg caused the curvature as I was still growing. I had 6 pins and a plate in my hip until my body rejected it when I was 20. I am 47 now. There’s a few more but I don’t want to bore you any longer. I have a very caring loving hubby who has learning difficulties and also my only son who’s 9 who also has ADHD and other needs. My name is Katie and thank you for letting me join Scope. ??
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 764 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.