Partner moved in help please ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Partner moved in help please ?

saraw1972 Member Posts: 1 Listener
My partner moved in with me over the weekend and he called today to tell esa about change of address and to add me to his claim. I don’t currently work am in receipt of child tax credits only. We thought it could be done over the phone but the guy my partner spoke to said he would need to send us a form. I am worrying now that he will have to make a whole new fresh claim , is that likely? He is currently in the support group. Tia 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,253 Disability Gamechanger
    No, a new claim isn't needed because you're partner is already claiming it. The form needs to be sent for your partner to fill in with your details so you can be added to the claim.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.