Creative Project for Young People with ASD Seeking Participants
MANCHESTER CAMERATA: ‘SONGLINES’ GROUP FOR YOUNG PEOPLE ON THE AUTISTIC SPECTRUM
‘Songlines’ is an exciting creative project for young people on
the Autistic Spectrum (aged 8-13). From October 2018 through to April 2019, we
will be delivering monthly creative workshops in a Manchester venue. Together with
Manchester Camerata’s musicians and artists, the young people will create a
series of musical tracks and pieces of artwork which will be shared with family
and friends at an event in April 2019.
The pieces of music and artwork will tell a story, which your child will choose with their peers. Activities will be flexible and responsive to the input of every individual – the young people will be able to get involved on their own terms, and any contribution however small will be valued, building confidence as the project progresses.
The workshops will engage all the young people equally in the creative process, working towards a common goal to create new music and thus encouraging communication within the group and friendships to be built. Participants will also be able to work individually or in smaller groups to focus on part of the creative process in-depth e.g. writing lyrics and creating individual pieces of artwork, and still contribute to the group activity.
Sessions will be held on Saturdays from 11am-2pm (with breaks) at a Manchester venue TBC.
There is only a limited amount
of spaces on this project so please contact us to register your interest or to
ask any questions you may have:
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 622 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 908 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 637 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 691 Autism and neurodiversity
- 822 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments