Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Palliative care

crackercracker Member Posts: 324 Pioneering
My physician is referring me to a Palliative Care specialist. A Palliative Care doc tor usually cares for  illnesses like cancer which are most  likely to be terminal. My doctor said "T he most  we can do for you is  try to keep you as comfort able as possible."

I am wondering is anyone else has received this kind of Palliative, of "Comfort  Care."a


  • TopkittenTopkitten Member Posts: 1,263 Pioneering
    I am sorry this has happened to you but GP's can only deal with problems to a certain level and once that level is reached they cannot do much because they have no training for it. At least in your case they are trying to set up something that may help, in my case they are simply ignoring me.

    I hope something positive comes out of it for you.

    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,731 Disability Gamechanger
    Im sorry to hear this @cracker how are you feeling?
    Senior online community officer
  • crackercracker Member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    edited October 2018
    Doctor said No to Palliative Care.THe woman who suggested it to me apparently didn't know that it is for terminally ill patients with les than 6 months to live.
  • crackercracker Member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    edited October 2018
    Tried to cancel this, but that doesn't work.  Sorry for repetition.
Sign in or join us to comment.