Will I get less on UC? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Will I get less on UC?

amazinglyso Member Posts: 3 Listener
Currently I am in receipt of income-related ESA (support-group element) and receive £80.70 per week.  I also get £110.75 per week (contributory element). My other benefits are PIP and receive £82.30 per week (enhanced rate for daily living needs), no mobility award.

I know that Universal Credit is rolling out in my Surrey area of Woking since Feb 2018 and tried working out how much less I will get on UC as anticipating the worst.  I don't pay any council tax or rent and live in supported-housing, even the council pay for support-costs so am very lucky in that respect, yet am expecting a shortfall in my personal benefits on the whole.

Anyone with any mathematical and research skills on this matter will be most very appreciated.


  • wilko
    wilko Member Posts: 2,452 Disability Gamechanger
    Have have you tried one of the benefits sites where you enter your details and they let you know what your entitled benefits chances would, could be. As councils are facing cash shortage things could change in the spring.
  • clarkjohnson
    clarkjohnson Member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    You won't get that much on uc I don't think but not sure 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 29,742 Disability Gamechanger

    It's impossible to answer that question right now because when the time comes for managed migration to start we'll receive a transitional protection payment to make sure we're not any worse off when we do move across. A benefits calculator would be completely pointless at this stage.

    Managed migration isn't due to start until later in 2019 but much later than that for a lot of people. As you're claiming Severe disability premium in with your ESA like myself then we'll most likely be one of the last to move across and this could well be 3-4 years away.

    My advice, don't worry about it right now because there's nothing to worry about.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.