Small Item Gripping Aid etc
Hey, so I assume most people will be aware of the various gym and sport related gripping aids made by Active Hands (if not then check out their website at https://www.activehands.com/), but I wanted to mention that they've just launched a new gripping aid designed for small items such as pens/razors/toothbrushes/paint brushes/various make-up items etc. It's really easy to put on and then swap between items you want to hold. I was lucky enough to test one out when they were trialling them and have just purchased one which is working out even better than I had hoped. I have a high level spinal injury and rely on items such as this to help me with everyday tasks.
You can check it out here: https://www.activehands.com/product/small-item-aid/
I should also mention that they've started stocking various other aids and accessories to help people with limited finger function or grip. Things such as the Saebo Stretch, the Reacher/Grabber, the Receive-All etc. There are aids to help with sports, gardening, DIY, kitchen activities, dressing, day to day living etc, I use a number of them on a daily basis to help me be independent and think they're well worth checking out on the Active Hands website.
Hope this can be of use to people!
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 759 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments