Esa50 assessment form

Options
CARL58
CARL58 Community member Posts: 177 Contributor
Having problems with question moving around using steps.the boxes don't seem to account for me I can only manage 1 to 3 metres indoors with a walking frame.its OUTDOORS I can't walk I have to use my powerchair and be assisted to get into my powerchair. And out of it this never varies due to severe osteoarthritis..of left hip knee,lower spine.so don't know which box to tick.

Comments

• Adam_Alumni
    Adam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 163 Empowering
    Options
    Hi @CARL58

I have moved your post to our  Universal Credit discussions. Our members will be able to advise you further on individual questions. You may also find our Universal credit page helpful..    
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,764 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @CARL58

Thank you for sharing this with us. You may find our ESA page useful and help with filling in your ESA form on the Citizen Advice website.

Also your local CAB may be able to support you too, you can find your local CAB on their website.

Please let us know if you have any questions and keep us updated on your form.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,635 Championing
    Options
    Hi @CARL58
    I have asked @BenefitsTrainingCo to take a look at your post
  • CARL58
    Options
    @ sam_scope thank you Sam that's the only question we are stumped on moving around can't tick 50metres as can only do 1 to 3metres assisted or with walking frame and that's a struggle having severe osteoarthritis no ball joint socket.cant operate as im not seizure free.it doesn't vary I can't walk outdoors as I'm in my powerchair and at all times I have to have someone with me even indoors.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,304 Championing
    Options
    Hi,

For the mobilising descriptor even though you use an electric wheelchair they will look at your ability to use a manual wheelchair (self propel) in the workplace. So don't forget to add that into the form when filling it out. If there's not enough of space then use extra paper.
    This guide may help with that question.

• CARL58
    Options
    @poppy123456 thank you for that information I couldn't use a manual wheelchair ( self propelled) anyway have no upper body strength due to arthritic shoulders,osteoarthritis.stiff and no feelings in fingers.we put animals down when in pain.sometimes I wish they'd put me down.out pain and suffering when it's chronic.im 60 but feel 85 most days.take care poppy123456
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Trailblazing
    Options
    Hi Carl58

If none of the boxes reflect the distance you are able to mobilise you should write 'None applicable' next to the boxes and then provide full details of the distance you are able to mobilise in the way you have outlined above. Further to this, poppy123456 is correct in pointing out that the health care professional will consider whether you could potentially self propel a manual wheelchair. The above answer you gave in response to this to this is worth putting in the 'use this space' box.

Best wishes

Paul