Medical evidence — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Medical evidence

Nader Member Posts: 51 Courageous
Hi all

As I have understood, medical evidence/confirmation for my claim (I will be claiming UC) is to sent along with the ESA 50 form. I assume this is correct?

My question is: If there is a delay in receiving supporting evidence and I am not able to send it with the ESA 50, can I take it to the face to face appointment? Or should I send it as soon as I get it, that is if it's before the date of the F2F?

Thanks for your help.


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,455 Disability Gamechanger

    Firstly, there's no extension of time given to return the ESA50 form. It has to be returned no later than the date stated on the letter. Failure to return it by this date they'll find you fit for work for failing to return the form. ESA is extremely strict when it comes to returning this form.

    If you don't have evidence to send with the form, then i'd advise you to send it as soon as you have it. Whether or not it will be used is a different matter. Taking with you to the assessment is also possible but it has been known for the HCP to refuse it on the day of the assessment.
  • Nader
    Nader Member Posts: 51 Courageous
    Thank you for the input. I appreciate it.
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    If you haven't got it, all you can do is make a note on the ESA/50, supporting evidence to follow. :star:
  • Nader
    Nader Member Posts: 51 Courageous
    Benistmonk: Thanks for that. Hopefully all will be in place before that point.
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    edited March 2019
    @Nader That's good to know, I hope it all goes well for you. :sweat_smile:
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,216 Disability Gamechanger
    @Nader I would ask if you can have a extension,I no you can with pip as I did hope all goes well for you xx
    As poppy said above there is no extension for ESA/UC 50
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,455 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't see anyone being rude. I did answer the question yesterday. There's no extension of time for the ESA50 form and they won't extend the time to send in the evidence either. As i previously advised, yes it can be sent after the form has been sent but whether or not it will be used is a totally different matter.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,455 Disability Gamechanger
    As a community champion here on scope i have reported your extremely rude comment! @littlesheila
  • Deb_Alumni
    Deb_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Hi @littlesheila

    I am very sorry to read your recent comments on this thread and the personal targeting of @poppy123456

    It is important to remember that words read online don’t always convey tone or context and so may be misinterpreted, therefore we would ask you to consider your language and our audience.

    In particular, I feel like your comments on this post are not in keeping with our guidelines, and I will be moderating your comments.

    We want the community to be a safe and supportive place. Please make sure your messages respect other users’ views and suggestions, even if you don’t agree with them.

    A reminder of our guidelines is that a post may be removed if we think it might be,

    ·         impersonating someone

    ·         against the law

    ·         harassing, inaccurate, defamatory, abusive, offensive, pornographic, racist, sexist, threatening, vulgar, obscene, hateful or otherwise inappropriate

    ·         advertising

    ·         infringing copyright.

    If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch, you can email us anytime on [email protected] 

    Best wishes


    Online Community Manager


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.