Help finding the right chair
my current is a
This chair when I try to push it feels like it was designed to be pushed by an assistant rather than the person in the chair.
The tires only really function correctly on super smooth surface such as tile, linoleum, etc...
So I am looking for a chair that will be easier for me to propel.
I do have decent upper body strength I can propel myself on tile in this chair for about 100yards at a time so every 12 minutes or sometimes faster. But again slick surface only.
So to restate the question I am looking for a foldable manual/hybrid chair that would be more ergonomic for me as the axel placement on my current chair is atrocious.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 761 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments