PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Home visit

leonasleonas Member Posts: 12 Listener
Well my hubby had his home assessment yesterday moving from DLA over to PIP when they rang they said it would take about 45min an hour and a half later she left she was  very thorough my hubby has mobility and mental health problems for 30yrs I felt really sorry for him I was more stressed than he was by the time she left but it done now just a waiting game. 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's no average time for an assessment. It can be anything from 15 minutes to 2 hours sometimes.

If you live in the UK leave it about a week and then ask your hubby to ring DWP to request a copy of the report to be sent to him, this will give him some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. You'll still need to wait for the decision though.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • leonasleonas Member Posts: 12 Listener
    Thanks Poppy it was just asking the same questions that you have already put on the form with his mental health I think that was the biggest problem he's fine we will just wait for tbe results now think I was more upset for him glad you cleared up the time element with the assesser he was in a lot of pain yesterday he has morphine patches to help him but has been on them so long don't think they are doing a great deal for him now poor thing thanks again x
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    The face to face assessment is mostly to confirm what was written on the form and anything else they need to confirm.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • leonasleonas Member Posts: 12 Listener
    Thanks once again hopefully it will be good news if not ill be speaking to you again. X
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 8,008

Scope community team

Best of luck @leonas, hopefully you're not waiting too long for a decision.

Community Manager
    Scope
Sign in or join us to comment.