Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Mother of 19 month old girl who has CP. Would like to chat with someone who has CP about their exper
I work at a university and see students who I suspect have CP but I don't feel I can go up to them and directly ask. My daughter, who is 18 months old has CP but it doesn't affect her intellect. I'd like to chat to someone about their experiences of having CP. All of this is new to me. All of I know is that my daughter is beautiful, smart and happy. As a mother it's comforting to see students with CP graduating, hanging out with their friends and getting on with life. Id just like to chat with someone who had grown up with CP and can tell me honestly what it's been like for them if anyone is willing to do that.
- 52.8K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 697 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 749 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.