Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Should I appeal my PIP decision?
I need some advice. I got my decision today and I only received 2 points. I am very upset as I have been diagnosed with nerve damage in my neck and shoulder from cancer treatment and am on a lot of pain medications prescribed by a pain management consultant all of which cause me side effects and dont really help with the pain. I am unable to wash my hair and cannot get in and out of a bath, I have problems doing most things. I still work full time and its a struggle and I applied for PIP so I could afford to reduce my hours as I have no partner. I feel like all my medical evidence has been ignored. I am so upset. Is there any point in appealing?
- 52.8K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 697 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 749 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.