Have you got an idea to transform employment for disabled people?
UnLtd are looking for 24 game-changing social businesses who want to scale up and grow their social impact and who are improving access to employment for those who face significant struggles such as but not limited to disabled people, ex-offenders and the homeless.
They’re looking for exciting social ventures who are:
- Looking for six months of intensive support to grow your social business?
- Looking to raise investment or find a mentor?
- Could benefit from access to experts in business planning, financial modelling and routes to market?
Working with a dedicated, highly skilled Venture Manager and a support framework, social entrepreneurs and their teams will receive 1:1 tailored support for all of their needs, access to a specialised network, first class social impact measurement support and the opportunity to take on up to £50K of investment (debt or equity).
Applicants will be assessed on performance to date, potential for growth and profitability and in return have the opportunity to scale both the organisation and impact rapidly.
They’re looking for social entrepreneurs who have been typically operating for 2 – 6 years and have a clear social mission and demonstrable social impact
Apply here before the end of January 2020: https://awards.unltd.org.uk/Grants?awardType=Thrive
The fantastic Joel from Spiral Skills who was part of the Year One cohort and has since successfully gone on to raise £50,000 investment via the UBS Donor Advised Fund (DAF) alongside UnLtd post investment support says: “If you are worried about it being another thing that hooks you up with 25 mentors, that’s not what is going to happen. It’s a really targeted programme, that gives you expert advice and will make sure you do things that will really improve the efficiency of your business."
Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.
- 54.2K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 157 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 800 Work and employment
- 591 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 293 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.8K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 708 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 940 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments