Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Any success stories?
Hello there, I am 49 years old and been diagnosed with autism 6 months ago and was advised to put in for ‘pip’. I’m not holding out much hope as know how difficult it is. It took me a week on and off to fill out the claim , my husband wrote for me as can’t put in writing much. I sent off my diagnoses letter which explains all my difficulties i experience on a daily basis. ? on this . Any success stories or not ? ThAnk you for reading .
- 52.8K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 755 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 697 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 748 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.