PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Any success stories?

kaz44kaz44 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hello there, I am 49 years old and been diagnosed with autism 6 months ago and was advised to put in for ‘pip’. I’m not holding out much hope as know how difficult it is. It took me a week on and off to fill out the claim , my husband wrote for me as can’t put in writing much. I sent off my diagnoses letter which explains all my difficulties i experience on a daily basis. 🤞 on this . Any success stories or not ? ThAnk you for reading .

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm a community champion here on scope and i advise people with the benefit system.

PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. Lots of people successfully claim PIP for the way their conditions affect them, including those that have ASD.

Expect a face to face assessment because most people have them, it's rare to have a paper based assessment. There's no timescales for how long it can take to receive an appointment for this, it depends on backlog in your area. Hopefully you won't be waiting too long.

Good luck.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Han_Han_ Member Posts: 154 Pioneering
    hi @kazz44 and welcome to the community. Thank you for sharing with us. I wish you all the best with your application. 
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,924

Scope community team

edited November 2019
    Welcome to the community @kaz44. You'll always hear more negative stories than positive ones, as it's those who have had their claims rejected or run into a problem that reach out for help. 
    Best of luck with your claim and please let us know how you get on. :)
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Very best of luck @kaz44 and welcome to the community. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
Sign in or join us to comment.