First payment question — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

First payment question

chinock91 Member Posts: 9 Listener
Hello everyone and thank you for taking your time to read my question. I'm just wondering when you receive your first statement does the statement include all deductions already taken off so the amount that'll be shown is the amount you'll receive ?


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 29,729 Disability Gamechanger

    Yes, that's correct. All the elements of UC that you're entitled to will be listed as well as any deductions. The total amount at the end is the amount you'll receive in your bank and this will be for 1 month until you receive your next payment.
  • chinock91
    chinock91 Member Posts: 9 Listener
    @poppy123456 Hi poppy I've been offered a start on for a new job, what will happen regarding UC, will we still receive it on the 12 march ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 29,729 Disability Gamechanger
    That's great news. Your UC payments will depend on what earnings you receive during your assessment period. As you have a dependent child then you'll receive a work allowance, if you're claiming for help with your rent your work allowance will be £287 per month, if you don't receive help then it will be £503 per month.

    The work allowance means that you'll be able to receive that amount each AP before you start to see any deductions. or any earnings over that amount there will be a deduction in your UC of 63p for every £1 you earn.

    Once you start work then make sure you report the changes on your journal.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,555 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @chinock91! Wishing you the best of luck, please do let us know how you get on. :)


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.