Is there any help filling out forms? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Is there any help filling out forms?

Supersnail Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am 64 years old and was on the high rate mobility (for life) but when it changed to PIP i lost the higher award and missed out on the mobility by 2 points, (and was a changed to a years worth) i was however awarded the standard rate ect,
My question is i have is i now have a new form to fill out and was hoping for some help to fill it out.


  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Member Posts: 711 Pioneering
    Hi @Supersnail  I’m Emma, one of the team of Community Champions who are here to help and advise.I’m going to tag @poppy123456 and @Adrian_Scope to see if they can assist you. I hope that helps. Please let me know if you need anything else we’d all be more than happy to help. 

  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,946 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Supersnail is this a review form?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 15,233 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community, you need to complete the form with as much detail as possible describing how you can/cant complete the activity, giving real examples of what happened the last time you tried to complete the task.

    There are some links to how to complete the form and Im sure one of those tagged before will send it to you

  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,525 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

    You can try and contact an advice agency near you for help filling out the form. Put your postcode into this link to see what's local to you.

    Although you should treat this as a new claim, even if it's a review and i wouldn't advise you to just write "no change" As has been advised, you should write as much information as possible and include a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

    Expect another face to face assessment because most people have them. Paper based assessments are rare. Good luck.

  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 12,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Supersnail - I just wanted to welcome you, as I see you've already been given helpful advice. Please do let us know if we can help or offer support at any time. :)
  • Supersnail
    Supersnail Member Posts: 2 Listener
    When I originally dot the dla I had someone come to my house to help to fill the form out, cant seem to find this option anywhere now?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,525 Disability Gamechanger
    Some advice agencies may come to your home to help you do this but not all of them. It will totally depend on what agencies are local to you. Please use the link i provided in an earlier comment to see what's local to you. You'll need to put your postcode in and then set the drop down box to welfare benefits.

  • Ails
    Ails Member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Supersnail and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I hope you have found the above information and advice from members to be helpful.  Good luck with your claim and please let us know how you get on.  If there is anything else we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.