What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Sdp?

Hi. I'm currently on esa, support group and have recently found out I've qualified for pip.
Standard daily component with no mobility.
I've read that as I have these benefits and live alone, I'll qualify for the severe disability premium.
Is this correct? If so is it added to pip, esa esa or paid seperately?
Thanks in advance.

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2020
    HI,

It will depend what ESA you're claiming. If it's the old Contributions based ESA or Income Related ESA then yes you'll be able to claim is providing no one claims Carers allowance for looking after you. It's added to your ESA, if you're claiming the correct ESA of course.

If it's New Style ESA then the disability premiums are not payable on this.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • oakridgeoakridge Member Posts: 9 Listener
    I believe it's the old style esa, as I've been on it a few years now.
    Thanks
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Then you'll need to ring DWP/ESA to ask to fill in the IS10 form. Do be aware that waiting times are most likely increased now when ringing DWP.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.