Advice needed about pip claim and being a carer — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice needed about pip claim and being a carer

Options
bramblerudge
bramblerudge Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am my partners carer,she suffers with mental health issues and needs lots of support with everyday life. I have to prompt encourage and reassure her.
i have a lot f health issues too. I am really struggling with bathing dressing and other day to day things. I have asthma COPD I take insulin as diabetic and have other health issues.
i have often thought about claiming PIP for myself, but as my partners carer I don’t know if this is possible? I also would have difficulties with a face to face, as can’t leave,or take my partner. My phone is very often not working due to my rural location. Any advice please? I am in desparate need of some help.
thanks so much x

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @bramblerudge Welcome to the community, as already advised you can claim PIP along side carers, as suggested send off for an application pack. 

I would suggest you have a good look at the descriptors and see where you think you would be scored any points remembering it is about how you can manage tasks on a daily basis and not about a condition or diagnosis.

Face to face assessments are obviously at this time not taking place but some are being done over the phone but with reduced resources there is a longer waiting time.

If you need any further advice please just ask 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @bramblerudge and a warm welcome to the community. How are you doing? :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.