Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Struggling right now !
Hi I’m a mother of a teenage son who has autism , I’m a single mum and feel so lonely as I have to deal with everything myself , I would like to chat to people in the same situation , most of the time I don’t know what I’m doing because I’m no expert to autism and my son can be very difficult at times , everyone I know ain’t going through this so I feel so alone with it all , I spend most of my time crying because I feel like a bad mum , don’t get my wrong I put my son first all the time but I find it hard to connect to him , he is my world but I feel like I’m not doing enough , does anyone else feel like this ?
- 54K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 155 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 796 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 687 Chronic pain and pain management
- 706 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.