Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I've been awarded PIP

I am currently on contribution based ESA support group and I have been awarded PIP. Does my PIP award have any effect on my ESA, positively or negatively?

Replies

• ajhearneajhearne Member Posts: 23 Connected

I hope you get some answers be intreguing to know as well as I have been awarded Enhanced Pip in June on both started ESA as with my Pip.  It looks like they are not both means tested but not sure what else.

I will look for replies on your thread too to help me with my NS ESA claim.   My fit notes been done for 12 weeks but will be prepared to get another.
  • Lou67Lou67 Member Posts: 891 Pioneering
    Hi and great news on your pip award, yes if youv been awarded pip daily living, give ESA a phone you’ll get a SDP added to your esa I think it’s £65 or round  that a week, your better calling them just as they open at 9am it’s usually easier to get through at that time, good luck. 
  • clarzierclarzier Member Posts: 48 Courageous
    Is that income based or contribution based or both 
  • Lou67Lou67 Member Posts: 891 Pioneering
    Oh hi I’m not 100% sure I’m sorry I just know I’m on esa support group and was getting Daily Living till February and got the top up I’m sure it was £130 a fortnight onto my money, sorry I can’t be of more help I’m sure someone that knows more will post and let you know, but you should phone in the morning as it’s not automatically added, well that was the case when I had to apply for it in 2018. 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,628 Disability Gamechanger
    An award of PIP can only have a positive impact but what impact it has very much defends on which benefits you currently get; your capital and your personal circumstances. So, SDP is not a benefit and you will only be eligible to have it included in the calculations for meals-tested benefits if you live alone and no one gets Carers Allowance for caring for you (unless you have a partner also eligible for SDP). It may bring you into means-tested ESA but again... depemds on your circs. 
Sign in or join us to comment.