I've been awarded PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

I've been awarded PIP

I am currently on contribution based ESA support group and I have been awarded PIP. Does my PIP award have any effect on my ESA, positively or negatively?


  • ajhearne
    ajhearne Member Posts: 25 Connected

    I hope you get some answers be intreguing to know as well as I have been awarded Enhanced Pip in June on both started ESA as with my Pip.  It looks like they are not both means tested but not sure what else.

    I will look for replies on your thread too to help me with my NS ESA claim.   My fit notes been done for 12 weeks but will be prepared to get another.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Member Posts: 1,000 Pioneering
    Hi and great news on your pip award, yes if youv been awarded pip daily living, give ESA a phone you’ll get a SDP added to your esa I think it’s £65 or round  that a week, your better calling them just as they open at 9am it’s usually easier to get through at that time, good luck. 
  • clarzier
    clarzier Member Posts: 48 Courageous
    Is that income based or contribution based or both 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Member Posts: 1,000 Pioneering
    Oh hi I’m not 100% sure I’m sorry I just know I’m on esa support group and was getting Daily Living till February and got the top up I’m sure it was £130 a fortnight onto my money, sorry I can’t be of more help I’m sure someone that knows more will post and let you know, but you should phone in the morning as it’s not automatically added, well that was the case when I had to apply for it in 2018. 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.