Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Turning a negative into a positive
Hi I have suffered with mental health issues for a long time possibly because I didn't deal with lots of issues in my life namely sexual and emotional abuse by my parents. I had to give up a job of 21 years because I had a complete meltdown. In addition, I developed physical problems namely sacrilitus and degenerative lumbar spine. I am on so much medication but you know this year, in spite of my limitations, I feel as if I have turned a corner. I am helping to promote a GoFundme project for the purchase of my neighbourhood pub now up for sale.
- 53.9K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 153 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 791 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 290 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 265 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.6K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 686 Chronic pain and pain management
- 704 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.