Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
8 year old with CP at main stream School
Our granddaughter who we are full time caters for has CP she is wheelchair bound and attends main stream school, on Friday she came home wet from being taken outside during breaks in the rain. We complained to school/head about her being wet and they said. They will continue to take her outside in bad weather as all the children need to have fresh air. They provided nothing to keep her legs dry and said, she needs to get use to it as the heating will not get put on until December and all the windows and doors will be left open due to Covid. Are we being unreasonable thinking they are wrong for doing this, when they are so adamant they are right?
Would love to hear other people’s thoughts/ experiences
- 55.3K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 840 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 303 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 706 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.