Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Very worried about ESA.
I’ve been on ESA in the support group for a few years now. Around august each year, I receive a form asking me to fill it in and send it back for reassessment. This year I haven’t received any kind of form. Now we’re in October, I’ve had absolutely no contact with the DWP about an assessment or prepare for a phone assessment or anything. No letters or phone calls or anything. I also can’t find any kind of information about my particular situation. I’m worried my money could stop at any time at this point and I find myself actually terrified of receiving mail in the post. I’ve not called the DWP yet because I don’t do well talking on the phone. Does anyone have any advice or answers they could give me before I resign myself to the fact that I HAVE to call the DWP for answer.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.