Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is ann76! My son has suspected ADHD and autism, so I'm looking for support
Hi everyone, I’ve just signed up to hopefully gain some support and help for my 8 yr old son who is waiting for his diagnosis for ADHD and potentially Autism too. It’s been a rough month at home, as our son has now developed a fear of wind, rain and grey clouds! This all stems from being caught in some hail 2 yrs ago and heavy rain last yr. we are trying our best to support him, but everyday feels like Groundhog Day and having to repeat the same things. He only really wants me so it’s very overwhelming for me and I can feel myself cracking. I just want to help my son and see him smile and have fun again, rather than being angry and negative all the time. ?
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 757 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 675 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.