Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is mykiddies3!
Hello! I have a query! I have applied for pip for my daughter who is 16! She’s been getting dla since she was 8 so this is the first time for a while doing forms etc! Anyway we put the forms in one the 31st of October and hadn’t heard anything until I received a phone call on the 22nd of December from a nurse from pip? She said that she didn’t need to do a telephone assessment and has done a paper based assessment as she had all she needed! But needed to ask a couple of questions! One question was does my daughter know how to read? Also Does my daughter know when she is hungry? And finally does my daughter know she is going to faint before she does? So does this mean the assessment has been done now? I was expecting a telephone assessment as this is what a previous letter had said would happen?
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 698 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 750 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.