Hi I'm northernsoul89! I had my assessment, and I don't feel it went well. Anyone have feedback? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi I'm northernsoul89! I had my assessment, and I don't feel it went well. Anyone have feedback?

Options
northernsoul89
northernsoul89 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited February 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone I applied for pip on mental health grounds as I am a long term sufferer of depression. My support worker filled out my form and said I need prompting to eat and help with medication and budgeting. I was unaware of the points system and unfortunately did not prepare. I told them I was drinking and abusing drugs , recent relapse. This was not on form. I feel they asked me trick questions like is my flat upstairs and can I make ready meals. I feel Ibombed the question on food and that will cost me. I was not asked many questions and nothing about toilet and bathing etc I feel I failed to argue my case and will not get the award as they asked very little. I'm in supported living and I am worried sick i wont get awarded pip because I can walk and use a microwave . Will they just ignore my addiction and depression as it's a point based system ? I also spoke well on the phone so they could use that against me too. Any feedback is appreciated 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

First of all those questions are what would be expected and not out of the ordinary 

They take your application form any evidence and the assessment into account 

You can request a copy of your assessment report after 7 days it isnt a final decision but will show recommendations and in majority of cases go with the report 

They ask questions based on your form so it depends what you put about toilet and bathing as to if they needed to ask questions 

All you can do is wait for your decision and if you are not in agreement then put in for mandatory reconsideration 

Keep us updated and if you have any further questions just ask 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.