3rd time for a PIP Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

3rd time for a PIP Assessment

Options
MrCook1234
MrCook1234 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I need some serious help.
PIP called me, saying i need to do another assessment, 3rd one now, saying they have no information on me and this is coming from a new, 3rd assessor from Capita, they are saying My doctors and Mental health doctor are not getting the information they need to back to them. 

They have lost my original assessment i have done in February, and they have been trying to get me to do another since and i wont as they won't tell me what happened to my original assessment, and have also said they have it just need a few extra details, they also said they were going to do a paper assessment, and today i had a random call form a 3rd assessor with ZERO information on my case, even tho iv done one for over an hour in complete tears. where is that info to?  were coming up 8 months since the application now.
for the past 9 weeks it was my understanding DWP were making a decision, and they have not been, and now, pip said "leave it with me" which does not help at all tbh.

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @MrCook1234

I'm sorry to hear about your PIP situation and can understand it making you feel distressed.  Just to clarify - have you spoken with your doctor/mental health doctor to chase if they've returned the information requested?  Also, so I'm understanding right - are PIP now still working on your second application as you've refused (understandably) to go ahead with a third?

If you can let us know a little more detail that would help us to help you.  I hope you are keeping okay and things progress in the right direction soon.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • marybottomley
    marybottomley Community member Posts: 887 Pioneering
    Options
    Have you contacted advisory worker
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,663 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @MrCook1234 It sounds like a totally unacceptable situation, might be worth involving your local MP ?

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• MrCook1234
    Options
    Hi @MrCook1234

I'm sorry to hear about your PIP situation and can understand it making you feel distressed.  Just to clarify - have you spoken with your doctor/mental health doctor to chase if they've returned the information requested?  Also, so I'm understanding right - are PIP now still working on your second application as you've refused (understandably) to go ahead with a third?

If you can let us know a little more detail that would help us to help you.  I hope you are keeping okay and things progress in the right direction soon.  
    Hey thank you, yes i have been in contact with a doctor, they gave me some good information, they said my PIP request got given to my support worker, a support worker who i had not signed on with yet, and as i missed her call 3 weeks before, she thought i didn't want a worker, so basically, my support worker, (I would of had 3 weeks ago if i answered my phone), is the women/person who has the request from PIP / or DWP and she has basically ignored it.
  • MrCook1234
    Options
    woodbine said:
    @MrCook1234 It sounds like a totally unacceptable situation, might be worth involving your local MP ?

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/
    Thank you , i might do this at the same time blowing the lid off the mental health sector, iv waited a year for an appointment, they keep moving it. it takes them months to do anything, the second my bi-polar acts up and gives them a piece of my mind for 10 seconds, i get a letter with 24 hours threatening to kick me off the surgery, i don't find them funny tbh. they diagnosed me over the phone with bi-polar, PTSD, ppd, and all the other junk that comes with it.. knowing that, they have done NOTHING for me, iv literally been sat alone and not left my room for 2 years, it doesn't matter what i say to these lot, im 34 single male, prime candidate to be ignored and left to the pit.
  • MrCook1234
    Options
    Have you contacted advisory worker
    i dont know what that is sorry, i just have an old friend that is helping, but i keep lashing out on her, and I'm on theedge of losing her help to, i really don't know what to do when i do.

• marybottomley
    Options
    Have you support worker who can help or you contact citizens advice bureau 
  • MrCook1234
    Options
    Have you support worker who can help or you contact citizens advice bureau 
    iv not got one, i was referred to one, but i missed the call, and that was 3 weeks, ago, i rang docs, they said she took me off her patient list so I'm alone again on this until she rings me. 
  • marybottomley
    Options
    Make sure your gp refers back to the help and they follow it up
  • tru88le
    tru88le Posts: 201 Courageous
    Options
    Did you claim dla before this?
    In my case the dwp were not so interested in prior medical evidence which they termed 'outdated' as they were in what the assessor reported.
    I dont believe they ever lose anything as they claim,  it just suits them to say that 

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I had a PIP assessment, then had a case manager ring me asking a few questions the following week. Then (this was pre Covid-19) the next week had a letter asking me to attend a PIP assessment. I thought this was a clerical error, but was told I needed to attend another assessment, where they probably only needed to ask me a few questions. However, the 2nd assessor said I needed another full assessment. When I asked for a copy of the 2nd assessor's report, I also asked for a copy of the first assessor's report too. I was told they unfortunately couldn't send me one, as there were no details showing on their computer systems about my first assessment.
    I can appreciate your frustration because of my personal experience, but as the saying goes, 'these things happen.' The assessor who rang likely didn't have the info on your initial assessment if something similar had happened to yourself. It may not be the case, but sometimes assessor's reports are checked by a case manager, & if not found 'fit for purpose,' this may be why you were asked to do another assessment. It may be in your best interests to comply with this, tho what you have been told does sound a bit confusing.
    One thing I can say, is that ringing the PIP enquiry line ( 0800 121 4433 ) will probably get different responses from different call handlers each time. Perhaps it's worth pursuing, but ask to speak to a case manager to find out exactly what is going on. The line is open from 9am Mon-Fri.
  • MrCook1234
    Options
    chiarieds said:
    I had a PIP assessment, then had a case manager ring me asking a few questions the following week. Then (this was pre Covid-19) the next week had a letter asking me to attend a PIP assessment. I thought this was a clerical error, but was told I needed to attend another assessment, where they probably only needed to ask me a few questions. However, the 2nd assessor said I needed another full assessment. When I asked for a copy of the 2nd assessor's report, I also asked for a copy of the first assessor's report too. I was told they unfortunately couldn't send me one, as there were no details showing on their computer systems about my first assessment.
    I can appreciate your frustration because of my personal experience, but as the saying goes, 'these things happen.' The assessor who rang likely didn't have the info on your initial assessment if something similar had happened to yourself. It may not be the case, but sometimes assessor's reports are checked by a case manager, & if not found 'fit for purpose,' this may be why you were asked to do another assessment. It may be in your best interests to comply with this, tho what you have been told does sound a bit confusing.
    One thing I can say, is that ringing the PIP enquiry line ( 0800 121 4433 ) will probably get different responses from different call handlers each time. Perhaps it's worth pursuing, but ask to speak to a case manager to find out exactly what is going on. The line is open from 9am Mon-Fri.
    this is exactly heta has happened, word for word, so i think i better wait until hey call and maybe make another assessment appointment, can't believe i got to do that all again, had a breakdown in the middle of the first one have they no care at all of the effects this can have. sound like I'm nagging, but god wasting my time ya know. Thank you btw, for that info, it will help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Pleased it helped @MrCook1234 - you don't sound like you're nagging one bit, & you've had such a long wait. I do hope that booking another assessment will be the way forward for you. I wasn't impressed with having 2 assessments in less than a month, but got there in the end. My best wishes, but if you don't hear further soon, do ring the number above, & ask to speak to a case manager.
  • MrCook1234
    Options
    Final update, i was accepted, not sure what there, but works out as higher for 1, lower for the other, November / august to June i waited, ending the convo for google search and hope it helps ease some others anxiety.
    Than you all for helping my anxiety also 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.