Received an "it is time to review your award", but nothing has changed. Feeling worried. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Received an "it is time to review your award", but nothing has changed. Feeling worried.

Options
travelhear
travelhear Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited May 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have received an "it's time to review your award" nothing has changed.  I am very concerned, if i write nothing has changed they will have me in for a medical, and if I give them information will that make any difference to the outcome. 

I only received a renewal letter 8 weeks ago. moving my end date to august 2022.

anyone else scared by this? any welfare advice in Scotland that not volunteer-based with good meaning, but lacking knowledge of the complexity of dwp

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Most people have had extensions to allow for backlogs if needed but then few weeks later had review forms 

You should treat a review just like a new application 

Even if there has been no change detail how you are against each activity giving real examples of what happens when you try to do the tasks 

If it is an activity you can do without any issues then you can tick no change 

Welfare rights would be best to contact for help or cab for form filling help 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @travelhear

Welcome to the community, glad you've joined us. 

Is this in relation to PIP?

As mentioned above, , it would be best to treat it like a new claim and provide the same level of detail as you did initially, but there's nothing wrong with including a line saying that what you are describing isn't different from what your condition was when you were initially awarded.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,127 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @travelhear - & welcome to the community. :)  I agree, even if there hasn't been a change in relation to some activities, I would still give a couple of detailed real life examples as to how you are.....this because there's no guarantee that the person looking through your review will have your original form, so won't know what you were like.
    There's not a lot of space on this form, so just add extra pages at the end saying which question this is a continuation for. Make sure you put your name & National Insurance number on each of these additional pages.
  • travelhear
    travelhear Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    yes this is a PIP review

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.