Closure of pip- what does this mean? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Closure of pip- what does this mean?

Options
jaywat
jaywat Community member Posts: 13 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi ..I'm back again lol think this is fab so was telling my mum who is 65 and in I'll health ..so she asked me to ask someone so here goes lol .....
My mum has been recieving pip for many years for her illness, and she has had changes so she informed the pip ...she has been put on end of life and some other problem she has been waiting months to hear so she called up ...the women stated she didn't have to have an other assessment that it has been closed and she will have to wait to here ...what does closed mean? And does anyone know what happens when you inform them of changes thanks Jay xxxx

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Is she still receiving the PIP? Closed would normally means that the claim has been ended in which case nothing would be in payment.. However possibly the person your mum spoke to didn't explain herself clearly or possibly your mum misunderstood. You say end of life, if a DS1500 was issued for ypiur mum and sent to DWP then she would be entitled to PIP without any further assessment (and would get the enhanced rate of daily Living and most likely get the enhanced rate of Mobility also)
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • jaywat
    Options
    Yes she is still recieveing pip but just not heard nothing she had to fill in a another form tho before had she sent it of round the end of February xxx
  • calcotti
    Options
    If the award has been renewed I would expect her to have received another letter confirming this. If you are ever with her it may be worth getting her to ring while you are there and then you can hear what is being said, and with mum's consent, can speak directly to the person who answers. Do you know if a DS1500 was issued for mum and sent in? Is she getting the maximum amount £152.15/week? Is it paid weekly or every four weeks?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • jaywat
    Options
    No she gets about 490 every 4 weeks..I'm not sure what's happing to be honest will give them a call xxx
  • calcotti
    Options
    jaywat said:
    No she gets about 490 every 4 weeks..I'm not sure what's happing to be honest will give them a call xxx
    In which case her claim has definitely not been revised on an end of life basis. If you ring them you will need to be with your mum so she can authorise them to speak to you.
  • calcotti
    Options
    Can't edit previous post. £122.50/week looks like enhanced are Mobility and standard rate Daily Living. If she is 'end of life' in PIP terms she would be getting enhanced rate daily Living and payments would be made monthly. To be 'end of life' for PIP it is necessary to have a DS1500 issued by one of her medical team.
  • jaywat
    Options
    She has just called and they r still making a decision..she is still getting the same rate until it have been looked at they say ..she is so confused one min they say she need assessing and next she isn't having one done xxx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.