Waiting on a date for hearing. My health has worsened since original claim. Can I ask for a review? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Waiting on a date for hearing. My health has worsened since original claim. Can I ask for a review?

tess19 Member Posts: 7 Listener
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
further to my last post earlier re pip court tribunal

im waiting on a court date hearing but since my original claim my health has got worse, do i have to wait for the court tribunal hearing or can i ask for a review by the dwp becuase my health has got worse?


  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 16,410 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

    You can report a change in circumstances 

    However get expert advice before doing so it is only advised to do so if there has been a significant change in your functionality in reference to the descriptors 

    Also a new decision would wipe out any award you get at tribunal as this would then be the latest review 

    It may be worth waiting till you see the outcome of the tribunal as if they award enhanced then you can't get any higher award 

    This is just my opinion though other may advice different 

    But again I would get expert advice first 
  • tess19
    tess19 Member Posts: 7 Listener
    thanks mike good advice.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.