PIP DEADLINE MISCOMMUNICATION HELP!! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP DEADLINE MISCOMMUNICATION HELP!!

Options
Sam01
Sam01 Community member Posts: 36 Connected
So I received a letter roughly last month asking me to fill out this PIP award review form. The deadline it states on the letter is 27th July. I needed extra time however so I called the helpline and was told that everyone has been given an extra 2 months on their deadline due to covid. So I’m happy and relaxed until I receive a letter today saying if you don’t send the form back before 27th July, we will cancel your PIP. Now I’m panicking and am on hold with the helpline waiting to rectify this. Is it likely my PIP is going to get cancelled now?

Comments

• Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    No hun not that quickly and its not past deadline yet either? Also its most probably an automated letter that is sent out because your form isnt there yet but im sure when you speak to them today it will be fine ?? will be a misunderstanding due to computers etc? ???
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

I was aware they had been allowing 3 months for return of forms not sure if this is still the case 

It is probably just a system produced letter you have had without the system being updated to take into account the new extension 

See what they say when you get through 

Would appreciate you updating us when you have an answer so we can advise other members 
  • Sam01
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Hi there 

I was aware they had been allowing 3 months for return of forms not sure if this is still the case 

It is probably just a system produced letter you have had without the system being updated to take into account the new extension 

See what they say when you get through 

Would appreciate you updating us when you have an answer so we can advise other members 
    Absolutely will do. I really hope I don’t lose my PIP over this miscommunication nonsense
  • Sam01
    Options
    Emilyb81 said:
    No hun not that quickly and its not past deadline yet either? Also its most probably an automated letter that is sent out because your form isnt there yet but im sure when you speak to them today it will be fine ?? will be a misunderstanding due to computers etc? ???

Fingers crossed your right 
  • janer1967
    Options
    I'm sure you won't if you  contact them today it is before the deadline anyway and even if the 3 month no longer applies you can request an extension 
  • Sam01
    Options
    UPDATE: The lady I spoke to on the phone said that letter was a mistake, it should not have been sent out. I have indeed got an extra 60 days to send my form back. Thank you to everyone here for keeping me calm during the panic ?
  • janer1967
    Options
    Great news thanks for sharing 

You think they would update their systems to stop this happening 
  • Sam01
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Great news thanks for sharing 

You think they would update their systems to stop this happening 
    Exactly! Especially for people that have anxiety problems. I don’t have those but I was fearing for my life when I received that incorrect letter
  • Emilyb81
    Options
    Ive had similar letters in past from pip,esa tax credits housing benefit etc letters sent by the system? I mean its not good when people already suffering from anxiety! Honestly some of these letters can have a big negative affect on a person thats already poorly ☹️ i received 2 back to back saying id lost my benefits thrn another saying i hadnt? If i had not of got the second letter god knows how i would of been?! And they also send several of the same letter at once sometimes? Anyhoo all is well that ends well! Glad you can relax a bit now! Have a great weekend peeps xx
  • Sam01
    Options
    Emilyb81 said:
    Ive had similar letters in past from pip,esa tax credits housing benefit etc letters sent by the system? I mean its not good when people already suffering from anxiety! Honestly some of these letters can have a big negative affect on a person thats already poorly ☹️ i received 2 back to back saying id lost my benefits thrn another saying i hadnt? If i had not of got the second letter god knows how i would of been?! And they also send several of the same letter at once sometimes? Anyhoo all is well that ends well! Glad you can relax a bit now! Have a great weekend peeps xx
    Hope you have a great weekend too Emily! Thanks for your support ?
  • Emilyb81
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I did wonder when it would go back to "normal" because for example they extended my award while awaiting a review a few months back due to covid? But now obviously covid isnt supposed to be such an issue so i did think maybe some people may end up losing out if they dont check whats happening instead of presuming others got it so i will to?! Or that it will just continue until they hear different!
    Anyway good for people to know thanks Mike ??
  • Emilyb81
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Thanks @Sam01 And no problem! Just glad you got it sorted out without having a breakdown ?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.