Pip outcome wasn't successful. I heard back in June- is it too late now to see someone about this? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip outcome wasn't successful. I heard back in June- is it too late now to see someone about this?

Options
nanatbag
nanatbag Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited August 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone I’m Tracey (aka nanatbag) grandkids ? I’ve been reading about all the pip claims and outcomes I just wanted to share mine I was diagnosed  in 2013 with osteoarthritis in both my hips and feet also nerve trouble in my hands the swelling and flare ups are awful after many years of suffering anyway I applied for pip around 6yr ago as I was struggling so much at work spent a lot of time on the sick due to hip and back pains I had adaptations put in my house to help me I got reply I was awarded points but not enough to qualify...but in 2015 my hubby had a stroke so I gave up my job to become his full time career still struggling but carrying on regardless until enough was enough struggling  way too much now I applied this year filled the form in myself (worst mistake ever) regret it now I must of wrote struggle or struggling 100 times explaining the areas which I struggle with have to stop have a rest in between tasks the days seem to drag my feet and hand swell up and burn I get so frustrated and depressed but sent it in beginning of April took a while for a response got text had telephone consultation (waste of time that was ) Anyway got a reply in June they said I’ve not seen a doctor for 1/2yrs (obviously with Covid and lockdowns) I’ve had my medication for over 2 years obviously because of (Covid and lockdowns) can’t get in to see a doctor telephone conversation only it’s on a 12 month pre/prescribed not a mention of my adaptations in my house I use just no points all the way through because I can do things unaided because I care for my hubby basically they just don’t understand nor do I what does it take to get through to them I wish they would come spend a day in my life or sit and watch because then they would see for themselves it’s so annoying what do they expect you to do breakdown on the phone now I don’t know what to do I did ring a number and left a message at my local hub but nobody called me bk is it too late now to see someone about this?

Comments

• Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 573 Pioneering
    Options
    I’m not sure, but I think you can still do a Mandatory reconsideration, if you have a good enough reason for it being done so late.
    Am sure if I’m not correct, someone will let me know. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2021
    Options
    You have 13 months from the date of the decision letter to do an MR. If DWP refuse to accept it because it is more than one month since the letter you can appeal the original decision to the tribunal service.
    See if you can get help https://advicelocal.uk/
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @nanatbag :) Just to let you know, I removed your duplicate comment on another post.

As calcotti and leigh14 have said, you may still be able to submit a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR). MRs are quite straightforward, so it's worth doing if you feel as though you're entitled to an award. 

I'd suggest that you take another look at the PIP descriptors, and try and work out where you should have scored points. It's good to have around two examples for each descriptor you think you should score points for. Do you have a copy of your original form?

The link that calcotti has sent should help you to find local support in your area, so definitely check that out if you feel as though you could do with having a chat to someone. 

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • nanatbag
    nanatbag Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    I don’t have a copy of my first application but I have this one and yes I am definitely going to look into this thank u all so much for your help and links sent very much appreciated.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.