Hi to all. My sister is in hospital with Schizophrenia. How do I find out what led up to this? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi to all. My sister is in hospital with Schizophrenia. How do I find out what led up to this?

Options
Sparklebright63
Sparklebright63 Scope Member Posts: 182 Courageous
My Sister is in hospital as she has Schizopherina she resides at Lister project near were i live but for the past 3 weeks she has refused to take her Cloperazine she was very unwell in that all her thoughts were wrong and jumbeled and i could not understand her when i went to visit her last week.

Who do i need to get information from as far as the above and what actually happened when she was how she was is the cause off her deteriation at lister how do i proceed with the above 

My other Sister who lives a long way away is 
Pressuring  me to Sort the above out myself 
And i think this is Putting more pressure on me 
As i dont know how to deal with my ill sister as like me she has differant problems its not fair for me to sort this out on my own.
Who do i need to contact for Support.

Sparklebright63.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,669 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think the only people you can speak to would be who ever is in charge either of the ward or your sisters care.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hi @Sparklebright63 How are you today?

I'm sorry to hear your sister is unwell in hospital.  To find out more information about the events that led to her admission, you could ask to speak with the named nurse/manager of her residence as it's likely they will have record keeping procedures in place.  And as a minimum, I'm sure they'd be happy to have a conversation with you about what happened and answer any questions you might have.

Have you spoken with your other sister about how her input is making you feel?  It's a lot for one person to manage, so perhaps explaining that you're doing your best and will update her as and when you have news will make her give you a little space?

Please let us know how you get on and I hope you are ok.  Also, you might notice, I've amended the wording of your title to help others see what's happening with you and offer their support.  Take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Sparklebright63
    Sparklebright63 Scope Member Posts: 182 Courageous
    Options
    Cher_Scope,

Thankyou for your reply i am still trying to get my head around spinal cord compression that i have so thats why i have been in so much pain along with all my other problems i have been to Phyisio and he says i am not allowed to do all my jobs at once have to space the jobs at differant days and times so my conditions dont flare up but i find this very hard to do because i have always cleaned the house/ bungalow stright through one job after the other so i would not take well to pacing.I am going back to the doctors on friday about another lump.

Sparklebright63.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.