Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

PIP Payment Award Review. What is being asked on the 'planning and following a route' question?

Options
Manudxp
Manudxp Community member Posts: 67 Connected
edited August 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello all you beautiful people, hope you're doing as well as blah blah, gets a bit monotonous say that I feel, how about you? You don't have answer that just so you're aware.

Apologies if I should gave tagged to the first thread I created, but;

On this dastardly form where it asks about "Planning and following a route to another place"
Can anyone tell what EXACTLY is being asked here please?
Is it planning a new route/journey or planning to drive to somewhere you're used to?

I doing well with the form and have received a great letter from my MS nurse I can use.

Let me know please.

THANKS!!!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,595 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

It's planning/following any journey, regardless of how you get there. Although for physical conditions such as MS then it's the moving around part you need to look at.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Manudxp
    Options
    Right ok. Think that helps. Thank you.
  • Manudxp
    Options
    Marvellous thank you.

Another question if I may be so bold....

With regards to needing assistance by using aid or person.... I've ticked I always need an aid but for assistance I'm just a little stuck. I'm umming and R ing (clearly no idea how that's spelt) is it always whilst using an aid or??????
    Appreciate the help so far thanks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,595 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    An aid refers to something like a grab rail or perching stool. Assistance would be another person, regardless of whether you receive help or not because it's about the help you need not what you get.

When filling out the form, you should put a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Adding where you were, what exactly happened, who see it etc. Just stating you use an aid isn't really going to help at all.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Manudxp
    Options
    Well thank you soo much for your help on here.
    It took a while but I have the PIP form, typed completion, as writinh by hand not possible and evidence required to send along with it.
    Is there anything I need to know before I go to the post office to send it. I'm a bit nervous if I'm honest. Mind you, I suppose being nervous if probably making me overly catious which isn't a bad thing.
    Let me know please.
    Thanks
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Make a copy of what you have written - although presumably if you have typed it you have this on your computer anyway. Make a record of what supporting evidence you are enclosing.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Manudxp
    Options
    Yes true on typed documents, good point to know what evidence I'm sending. Who knows what the outcome is going to be. I hope telling them that, due to the last pip application, assessment, Covid and the death of my father in May of this year has had an impact on my health will help them make the decisions I'm hoping for. I'll let you all know.
    I'm posting tomorrow.
  • Manudxp
    Options
    Oh and thank you for answering.

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.