Pancreatic Cancer and the aftermath — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Pancreatic Cancer and the aftermath

CatLyn64
CatLyn64 Member Posts: 6 Listener
edited November 2021 in Coffee lounge
Hello     anyone out there who I can befriend and get help from plus also (I hope) help      
Regards     Best Wishes
CATLYN 
Looking forward to anyone who is experiencing loneliness and needing a chat/friendship etc etc etc    and who can also has good ? 

Comments

• Teddybear12
    Teddybear12 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 2,043 Pioneering
    Hi @CatLyn64 I hope you enjoy being part of the Community. If you have any questions please ask. My best friend had pancreatic cancer and it was a journey. Do you have any friends or family that can help with your loneliness? You can chat on the site anytime there is always someone about. Take care.
  • CatLyn64
    CatLyn64 Member Posts: 6 Listener
    I can't talk to anyone       am classed as recovered therefore cured     but I know the real deal        survival rate isn't good        am scared
  • Teddybear12
    Teddybear12 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 2,043 Pioneering
    Hi  @CatLyn64 You have taken the first step by reaching out to the Scope Community. Can you speak to your GP about your fears ? Is it still early days that you are classed as recovered, are you still having follow up appointments? I am so sorry you feel scared , but you are opening up about it and that should help. Take care.
  • Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 5,697

Scope community team

Hello @CatLyn64

Welcome to the community, it's lovely to see you join us. 

I'm sorry to hear that this is causing you quite a bit of worry at the moment and that you are scared, as mentioned above can you speak with your GP about your concerns?

This is a very supportive and welcoming community so I'm sure you'll enjoy being here, please feel free to have a look around and get involved with whatever discussions you'd like, and if you have any questions feel free to ask :) 

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Need to talk?

Over Christmas the online community might be a little quieter than usual, so if you need urgent emotional support or if you feel like you might be in crisis, please read up about how to stay safe for now and find help.

You can also speak to somebody in confidence by calling Samaritans on 116 123 for free or send an email to
[email protected]

Of course, if you feel like you might be at risk right now, please call 999 or visit your local hospital.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.