Hi, my name is Boss7151! I'm a nurse working with covid patients, and ended up on a ventilator — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Boss7151! I'm a nurse working with covid patients, and ended up on a ventilator

Options
Boss7151
Boss7151 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2022 in Mental health and wellbeing
Hi I’m Patricia 
I’m a nurse I was working with covid patients and ended up on ICU on a ventilator for over a month. I’ve not worked since I can’t even walk to the shop at the top of the road. 
I’m very isolated my home had become my prison 

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Boss7151

Thanks for joining Scope's forum, and finding the courage to reach out for support. We always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out for support.

Please know we think you have done an amazing job as a nurse at such a difficult time. I am so sorry to hear you ended up in ICU on a ventilator. I cannot imagine just how difficult that must have been for you.

You don't deserve it, but unfortunately, COVID doesn't care! Have you got all the support you need for managing general life and going to the shops, etc?

We care and will do anything we can to support you and listen to you. Please just let us know if there's anything, in particular, we can do to help!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Danielle_2022
    Danielle_2022 Community member Posts: 266 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi there @Boss7151,
    I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling so much at the moment. Have you had much support from your medical team with all of this? We're slowly learning more about Long COVID, so I'm hopeful that there will be treatments to ease your symptoms soon. IE the isolation: I think it's something that a lot of people can relate to at the moment, though that doesn't make it any easier. Have you got any friends or family nearby? You will never be alone on the forum, we'll always be here for you. Another thing I wanted to ask was if you have enquired at all about mobility aids? Anything to make it easier for you to get out and about, if you want/need to.

The most important thing is to take it slowly and not push yourself too hard!
    Community Volunteer Host (she/her) with a passion for writing and making the world a better place for disabled people to exist.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Boss7151 thanks for joining the community, and well done for reaching out. I hope you find this a friendly and supportive place. 

Can I ask what support you're receiving from your GP at the moment? Have you spoken to someone you trust about the impact this has had on you?

If you feel like you need more support to manage day-to-day, you can self refer for a needs assessment through the NHS.

If you're ever having a difficult day and want to talk to someone, there's always the Scope Helpline who can support you with:

• benefits
    • finance
    • social care
    • work
    • equipment and assistive technology
    • housing and home adaptations
    If there's anything we've mentioned you're unsure about, don't hesitate to let us know and we'll do what we can to help :)

Alex

Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.