If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is AnnemD! I got taken off ESA, and started claiming UC

Options
AnnemD
AnnemD Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I got taken off ESA in may 2019 after failing to attend an appointment as I had to get off the bus due to an anxiety attack. I then started claiming universal credit. I appealed this and have just had a decision notice from first tier tribunal saying decision allowed. Does this mean I have won and will I get some money paid to me?
Tagged:

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello there @AnnemD

Welcome to the community, this is a very supportive and welcoming place so I'm sure you'll enjoy getting involved. 

We have many categories which you can view here, including some relating to benefits which you might be interested in reading, and we also have a virtual coffee lounge where we do things like play games and talk about general subjects. Please feel free to get involved and ask any questions if you need help navigating the site.

I have moved your discussion over to our benefits and financial support category, I'm sorry to hear of what you were put through. I would assume that decision allowed means you have won, but I'm not certain about that so hopefully another member will be able to clarify.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.