If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've had my phone interview. Should I be worried that I haven't had a text to say they've got it?

Options
saram
saram Community member Posts: 45 Connected
edited February 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I've had my phone interview finally on the 18th of February I'm yet to receive the text that they have got it back from the DWP should I be worried about that or is it possible it's just somewhere in a pile that hasn't been accessed yet 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

They don't always send the text or if is possible your report has been sent to audit which delays it getting to dwp 

The audit isn't anything to worry about they are checking the quality of the assessors 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @saram and welcome to the community, please feel free to explore, you can browse our categories page to find different topics of discussion.

As our members have said, they don't always send the text, so try not to dwell on it too much if you can. We're here to support you, so if there's anything else you feel you're unsure of then please do let us know.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • saram
    Options
    Thank you very much that does help I just assumed everyone gets one 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @saram that's quite alright, it's something that's easy to assume, I think everyone would until they know otherwise, but don't worry :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • saram
    Options
    I've gathered the courage to call them today to check on it turns out they don't have it back yet the person on the phone said to give it another week or two I don't understand how that works seeing as I receive a letter from my accessor on the following day of the assessment it's quite frustrating
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sometimes reports are chosen for audit as advised here...
    janer1967 said:
    Hi and welcome to the community 

They don't always send the text or if is possible your report has been sent to audit which delays it getting to dwp 

The audit isn't anything to worry about they are checking the quality of the assessors 

What letter did you receive the day after the assessment?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • saram
    Options
    I spoken to the accessor about a time in November I didn't report to my doctor so he reported it and sent me a copy do audits take a long time 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's no timescales for audits but it won't be returned to DWP until the audit is complete. Nothing more you can do but wait.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • saram
    Options
    The audit has been completed and my report returned to DWP earlier today 3 march I've been told I shouldn't have too long to wait now but that was by the call center operative 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    2-12 weeks for a decision is standard. 
  • saram
    Options
    I've called today and the operator said a decision was made on the 10th I did not receive pip i don't know what to do with myself the sound of that made me lose my breath for a while I can't even express the amount of disbelief I was in when I heard it I'm so upset does anyone have tips on the next move on this I be grateful
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When you receive the decision letter you can then request a Mandatory Reconsideration of the decision which means a different DWP Decision Maker will look at it again. Do this in writing. You can supply additional information if you wish to. You could review what you originally told them against some advice on how to complete the PIP2 here
    https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/56365/pip-form-filling

if you didn't complete the PIP2 in this way now would be chance to add detail.

If the MR results in an unchanged decision you can then appeal to the tribunal service which takes the decision making out of the hands of the DWP.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.