Hello everyone! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello everyone!

Options
Sunshine_2
Sunshine_2 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi

Just an brief intro, I have joined to reach out like-minded people, in particular those that have a learning difficulty caused by a health condition.

Had epilepsy since birth caused by a benign tumour causing seizures. Had brain surgery in 2012 to reduce seizures but unable to succeed at work despite fewer seizures.
I'm educated to degree of level but struggled to hold down multiple jobs.

I would like to know if anyone else has had difficulty finding and retaining employment for this reason?

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome @Sunshine2 thanks for signing up to join this evening :)

I can relate in some ways, I have cerebral palsy myself and do have to manage my workload so that I don't get overly fatigued or overworked. I think everyone would struggle to hold down multiple jobs to some extent, but of course it's much harder when you're living with a long term health condition or disability.

You are welcome to explore the forum using our categories page, but I can also point you in the direction of the work and employment category and the autism and neurodiversity category as well, should those be of interest.

If you've got any questions just ask and I look forward to seeing you around.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.